Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Viking30

Default Longer Cruises with Little Ones? (long)

Anyone taken a longer cruise with a baby or toddler? Our 4 yr old has done 2 cruises so far, the second being an 11 night cruise, but she was 3 so she was old enough for RCI's kids program. We all had a wonderful time. My husband and I have done 8 cruises and love the longer ones.
The cruise we are looking at now is for Nov of 2006 - our daughter will be 5 but this time we will be taking our soon-to-be-son who will be 14 months at that time. The cruise is 13 nights, but leaves from a local port so we would only have to deal with airfare one way. I am curious as to any experiences with kids that little for that long.
Also - one other strange question - we have to book this cruise by the end of this month - long story but we are using rewards points from the Icruise.com credit card, they are changing the rewards program and basically you lose a ton of points if you don't use them this month before the program changes - so in order to get our $1000 off the cruise we have to book by end of August. The baby won't be born by then - so do I just make up his birthday and then change it later? Will that cause any problems?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Luisa

Default Re: Longer Cruises with Little Ones? (long)

I'm not sure what the answer to the booking the soon to be son is. I'd try to get a hold of a real person at lcruise.cmo and ask them.

You should read the article Bringing the Baby that I wrote on the home page of this family section. It offers advise for cruising w/ infants and toddlers. Since it's a long cruise, you'll have to bring tons of diapers and wipes to last you. Hopefully you'll be driving to the embarkation port to ease lugging all the baby supplies. At the end of the cruise, all those supplies will be used up!

Let me know which line you're cruising and I'll advise if they have babysitting.

Good luck with your new arrival!

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor