Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2005, 08:39 PM
First Mate

Default Advice for multi-generation cruise

I'm in the preliminary planning stages for a family reunion cruise. I'm most concerned about finding a good ship/crew because I've found that when the crew is happy and friendly to passengers it has made a world of difference in our enjoyment.

We'll have kids ranging from 6 to 16, mostly boys. I'm concerned with finding a good cruise for the older kids, so that they'll have plenty of activities. We're looking at a 4-7 day cruise out of Florida to the Caribbean or Bahamas.

Any recommendations?

Margie
Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2005, 09:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Margie,
I would recommend any of the Royal Caribbean's "Voyager" class ships. They are wonderful when cruising with families/kids. Much more activities, especially for the kids, they will love it and they have them all over the Caribbean. We've cruised on both Voyager and Explorer and loved them both. Soon, there will be their "freedom" class, we have a cruisemates group cruise planned on that, here are the details for that one in Sept. of 06:

Cruisemates Freedom Frolic

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 17th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Admiral

i would also look into the Grand Class ships of Princess.
Lots to do for all ages. Lots of sports and a computer game center just for teens.
Princess offers Anytime Dining which is a very nice feature, if you don't want to go the Traditional cruise line dining of early and late seating.
The pools on Princess are fresh water not salt water like other lines and they are open until midnight(i think) and they are open in port. Hot tubs are also open late and open in port.
Princess offers Movies Under the Stars - its like going to the drive-in. You sit outside on deck in a lounge chair, you get a blanket and a bucket of popcorn.
Old November 17th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Carnival is also a fun cruiseline for all ages. We've sailed on Carnival with our boys (teens) 3 times and they had a blast! My parents, in their 80's, sailed with us twice and also enjoyed themselves. On our most recent cruise (Carnival Conquest) we had a group of 13, with ages ranging from 7 to mid-70's--------all had a great time.
Old November 21st, 2005, 09:56 AM
Yeoman

Margie:
Will there be seniors on the trip too? If so, I think they'd feel more comfortable on Royal Caribbean or Princess, than Carnival.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor