Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Passenger

Default Royal Caribbean versus Carnival?

We're looking to take our first cruise this Thanksgiving 2006. We will be traveling with 3 generations: our 2 boys who will be 8 & 11 at the time and their grandparents who are in their 60's. Would Carnival or Royal Caribbean be best? We've been looking at Carnival Liberty, Carnival Glory, Carnival Victory, Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas and Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas. Any suggestions on which ship would be best?
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

HI DM,
I honestly don't think you can go wrong with any of those ships. I would lean a little more towards Royal Caribbean's Voyager class mainly because you are cruising with kids, and they offer much more in the way of kids activities onboard. There is just a bit more to offer families in general.

I would look into each ones itinaries and use that to also help you decide what ship to book. If you have any more concerns or questions, please continue to post and get as much information as possible to insure a wonderful family cruise.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 11th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Admiral

I totally agree with Donna. You can't go wrong with any of your choices. I, too, have a family reunion planned. We are sailing February 5 and I chose
Mariner of the Seas. I think the variety of activities will keep everyone in my group busy and happy. I'll let you know how it goes.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old January 11th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I agree with Donna and Mary Lou too, you really can't go wrong on either line. I prefer Carnival for the room size and the food, but my next cruise is on Royal Carribean as they had the better price and itinerary (not to mention the free upgrade to an ocean view cabin and the $40 on board credit). I would sail on either line and be happy. I would do some research on where you really want to go and what you want to do and price compare before making a decision. I've had good luck using the Cruise Compete option on this site.
Old January 11th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Admiral

I have to say that the kids club on the Liberty is absolutely marvelous and it is my favorite with regard to Kids facilities and the quality of the staff working with the children. I liked the kids club on our RCCL Enchantment cruise, but the Liberty excelled in both my and my kids views. If I recall correctly the Liberty has over 4500 sq.ft. devoted to their kids facilities, there is also a teen disco. If I were a kid thats what I'd choose.