Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 16th, 2006, 06:23 AM
Passenger

Default Pools and cars on QM2

If we do a crossing, it will be on the QM2. They have five pools. Are they all outdoor pools or is there swimming regardless of the weather?

Also, a friend said she thought she knew someone who'd put their car onto the QM2 and ferried it across the ocean. Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks!
Sandy
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Read this from Cunard's website. FYI...you do know they drive on the wrong side of the road over there? lol! Your friend was right.

http://www.cunard.com/transatlantic.asp
Old January 17th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Yeoman

As for pools, there is one covered one but it's supposed to be just for adults The outdoor ones are heated -- just can be a bit nippy when getting out as it was this July when we did a crossing with my daughter and niece. You did read my article on the main page of the family section on doing a cruising w/kids aboard QM2, didn't you? It's titled "THe Kid Friendly Queen."
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old January 20th, 2006, 04:04 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenie weenie
FYI...you do know they drive on the wrong side of the road over there?

http://www.cunard.com/transatlantic.asp
Beenie,

Yes, they do drive on the wrong side over here. We've been here a little over 3 years and when I go back to America, I sometimes drive on the wrong side! Scarier still, I still sometimes drive on the right side (which is actually the wrong side) over here!!! I'm just so confused!

Luisa,

Yes, I've read your articles. I'm so glad to have found them, as they have given this never-cruised Mama a lot of really good information.

Does the QM2 put restrictions on the pools or are they pretty much all-weather? Are they open early in the morning or do they have liberal hours? (please don't do any research on this...just tell me what you know off the top of your head) I'm not sure how much of the kids' clubs my kids are going to want to do (we're an odd family that way) and I expect that we'll all want to be in the pool most of the time.

We still don't know where we're going or when we're leaving, other than "Back to America sometime between May and July". Is this ship going to have *any* availability at this late date? *sigh* Gotta love my husband's employer.

Thanks!
Old January 23rd, 2006, 03:43 PM
Yeoman

Hi Beenie:
Yes, we got on board around March of last year for an early July cruise. Try to go when it's swimming weather -- as mentioned, we had great weather in early July but even so, the air was a bit cool and were glad the pools were heated. I don't recall the pools being closed at any certain time....the youth program was good. My daughter did one session a day but enjoyed going to the planetarium, acting workshops, pools, etc with us.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor