Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2006, 01:20 AM
Beginner

Default are princess baltic cruises ok for kids?

im taking 5 kids and my wife on the 10 day star princess scandinavia/russia cruise. what are these cruises like? not to be mean but are they old folks cruises? i dont want to show up and have them be the only kids on the ship. we are going on the july 4th cruise. any idea if we will fit in or just be that big family with all the noisy kids???!!!

im sure they wont be any thing like our caribean cruises but hopefully there will be a few more families on board.....

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2006, 03:15 PM
Yeoman

On some Princess ships, you need at least 15 kids to run the youth program. I'll see if I can get any details for you.
Obviously, there will be a lot less kids on your sailing than a Carib or Alaska cruise. How old are your kids?
best,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old May 2nd, 2006, 03:20 PM
Beginner

ages are: boy 4, boy 10, boy 13, girl 16, girl 18. thanks.
Old May 5th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Yeoman

I contacted Princess and they said that the Star Princess has a dedicated youth center so therefore the youth program will be running. The youth program runs year round on all Princess ships except Pacific and Tahitian Princess, which operate if enough kids are on board. My contact was unable though to give me counts of kids on board. With a European itinerary, you'll be so busy ashore that the youth program and #s of kids aboard will be less important than the Caribbean where you have two to three days at sea and shorter days in port.

Hope this helps,
Luisa