Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 17th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Passenger

Default Bringing an Infant Pool

Okay this is our 3rd cruise, but 1st with our newest edition. Our daughter will be 21 months at the time of sailing. I am confused over if she is allowed in pool or not. One article on this website about traveling with an infant said she can go in the pool in a specially designed swim diaper (they don't leak) or with a bathing suit that has built in rubber pants (we have both), but not a diaper (which we wouldn't do anyway). Posts I've read here say that no infants can go in even with swim pants. Our daughter has already started potty training and this may not be an issue at the time, but I also see where many folks say they brought one of those little plastic blow up pools and brought it up on deck for the infant. My question is how do you get water in it?
Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Yeoman

The only cruise line allowing kids in diapers i nthe pools is Disney -- there is a special section of the kiddie pool for little ones in diapers. I have seen blow up pools -- you could bring a small sand bucket and use that to fill it up.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old August 17th, 2006, 10:54 AM
Passenger

what about the built in rubber pants in the swimsuits? as long as it's not a diaper or even a swim diaper then we should be fine then?
Old August 17th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Admiral

the cruise lines are pretty strict about this issue. If your child is not completley potty trained they are not allowed into the pools- Disney being the acception- Its a health issue- swim diapers, rubber pants or not, if a child has an accident, the pool needs to be closed, drained and sanitized.
The small blow-up pools seem to be quite popular. Most of the wait staff on deck would be more than willing to fill your ice bucket with water to fill the pool.
Old August 17th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Passenger

hmm well guess we take the kiddie pool with us. I think that's a bit of overkill because swim diapers are DHEC approved because they are designed so that they don't swell up or leak into pools, they are quite sanitary, thus the reason they make them. Besides I am a mom of 5 so you can't tell me that infants are the only ones peeing in the pool he he

thanks for the info!
Lynn
Old September 9th, 2006, 06:25 PM
First Mate

you must be kidding. A kidie pool???? Decks are really crowdrd on sea days as it is.