Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Beginner

Default Family cruise with 19,16 and 12 yr olds

We are looking forward to taking a mini vacation around Christmas this year and we're hoping to take a short 4-5 night cruise with our 3 children. My wife and I have been on a few cruises and loved our latest cruise on the Voyager of the Seas in 03. But our kids have never cruised before and I was hoping to get some advice on the following: What kind of Cabin/sleeping arrangements do you suggest (Costs are important)? Is there a better cruise line than RC for this type of quick and family centered cruise? Lastly, where do we go for the best prices and itineraries? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

rcurl24
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Admiral

RCCL would be my first choice, either the Voyager Class or the new Freedom of the Seas.
As for sleeping arrangements you would do best with either a mini/junior suite or booking two rooms(and outside or balcony for you and DH and an inside for the kids) you can get them across the hall from eachother, and this option would give you two bathrooms and more floor space.
Old October 10th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Yeoman

I agree -- RCI is a great chioce for your teens/older kids. Freedom is only 7 night cruises, though and you were looking for 4 days. All RCI ships have rock walls and great teen programming -- can't go wrong.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old October 12th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Beginner

Thanks all for the info. Just one more question. Does anyone know of 4-5 night cruises leaving Dec 26th and returning before 1/2/07? I've tried but everything I've seen is very expensive during that time frame. Are there any last minute deals sites that I can check out that'll meet this requirement?
Old October 16th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Yeoman

Cruises are generally at their highest prices around theh olidays. Last minute won't be available until a bit closer in, however, since these are very popular sailings, you may or may not find last minute availability.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor