Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Passenger

Default What kind of bed rail to bring?

We'll be cruising in Jan. on the Carnival Glory w/ our daughter who'll be 31 months at the time. On our last 2 cruises with her, she was in a crib, but this time she won't be, we'll be using the couch area that they convert to a bed, I'm worried about her falling off, anyone ever brought a bed rail on? If so, what kind? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old October 16th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Yeoman

Yes, we brough a collapsible bed railing when my daughter was a toddler/pre-schooler. PRior to that, she did fall out of bed -- I woke up to find her not on her bed but sound asleep on the floor! So even though the fall didn't hurt her, we brought a bed railing for a few years after that! The collapsible one fit in our large suitcase.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old November 16th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Admiral

You can purchase them at Walmart. I believe the brand name is "Safety First" They take up very little space and work very well.
Old November 27th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Passenger

It might be easier just to let her sleep with you. My husband and I will be sharing the bed with our 3 year old and 18 month old this time around...or maybe my husband will sleep in the bunk while I sleep in the bed with the little ones. I think bringing a bedrail and unfolding the sofa might be more work than it's worth (for us anyway- I'm a lazy mom, lol) I'll just let the kids snuggle up to me until they pass out.

But, we frequently end up waking to both of them in our bed anyway, so we are used to it.
Old November 29th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Passenger

when they push the two beds together we had plenty of room to let our 22 month old sleep with us a few nights, she also used a crib. Another idea might be to bring them one of those child type sleeping bags and let them sleep on the floor by your side of the bed. they are pretty cushioned and might be fun for the child
Old June 12th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Seabeacon

Good idea about the bed rail. I will be investing in one of them as well. Hubby says "no way" to our 4 year old in bed with us. Mommy likes the idea though.