Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 27th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Beginner

Default First time crusing with family of 5, need some help

I have a family of 5. Basically includes Mom and dad, me (19), my girlfriend (19) and my younger brother (14).

After a while on deciding what type of vacation we decided on a crusie. At first we were going for the Disney Cruise Lines but it seemed a bit hefty on the prices. I was wondering watch kinda cruise line would be good for this family? I hope to find a cruise line that appeals to this entire family becuase I've heard about how certain cruise lines has younger people, some has older 60+ and some are mid ranged while some are more geared towards a family. We were thinking somewhere in the Carribean or Mexico area for a weeks time. So anyone with some suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Passenger

I think you'd be very happy with any of the Royal Carribean Voyager class ships or the Freedom. You really can't go wrong with any of those.
Old November 29th, 2006, 02:37 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I think that either Royal Caribbean (Radiance class or larger) or Princess (Grand Class ships or larger) would be a good fit for all of you.
Old November 29th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Passenger

We just did Carnival Glory with myself 38, husband 36, daughter 22 months, son 13, son 15, daughter 17, mother in law 60 and father in law 63 and everyone had plenty to do for fun. Us and the inlaws enjoyed all the shows and daily activities and island visits, oldest daughter had fun with the teen clubs, swimming, contests, etc... 15 year old enjoyed all the sports onboard and 13 year old enjoyed arcade and all the food, pool, etc...

We've also said RC before and it's also a great line although I'd prefer RC if it were just me and spouse and no kids.