Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 22nd, 2006, 10:33 PM
Beginner

Default We want to book Hawaii but have questions.

We are planning a cruise to Hawaii for April or May 2007. We have 5 children ages 4,6,7,9,10.

First question - Is there anyway to have balcony locked so kids in adjoining room can't go overboard?

Next - I read on NCL that they won't make an exception an allow my 9 yo move up so he can be in the same youth group with my 10yo. Are other cruise lines more flexible?

We've sailed RCCL and Carnival in the Caribbean. We are trying to decide which line to cruise with: Carnival, RCCL, Celebrity, Princess or NCL. I've read so many posts and still can't decided.

Since we are planning to take the kids out of school, I'm assuming that there won't be a lot of kids on board. How does that affect youth programs. Are any cruise lines better than others in this respect?

Finally, which shore excursions would the 6, 7, 9, and 10 yo enjoy?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2006, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Though balcony doors lock, I don't think they'd be able to look one permanantly. Normally they are just latches (that the kids would figure out pretty easily.

You may want to look at a balc cabin, with the kids across the hall in an inside cabin. We did this many times when our kids were younger.

The family would love Hawaii though.... you dont necessarily even need excursions. Rent a van and drive the islands stopping at sites you want to see along the way.