Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2007, 09:48 PM
Beginner

Default Which cruise is a better option for a young family w/ kids..

My husband and I are a young couple 27 and 31 with two young children ages 3 and 7. We are looking at 2 cruises, either the Carnival Destiny on Oct. 28th or the Crown Princess on Oct 27th. Which is a better option? We want to celebrate my sons 4th birthday on board. We need a great kids program, good food and a decent size cabin since my husband is 6'7 and my kids are both very tall ha ha.

So which would you suggest Crown Princess or Carnival Destiny?

Thanks

Jen
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Yeoman

Both offer good kids' programs. Your 3 year old is potty trained right? He/she needs to be to participate in the youth program for Princess but Carnival changes diapers.

Both have comfortable ships and cabins as well as good food. Can't go wrong with either.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old June 12th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Seabeacon

We are thinking about the Oct 27 on Crown Princess as well. We have a 4 year old boy. He'd love the company.
Old June 13th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Admiral

you can't go wrong either way. Both have great kids programs, another great family friendly line is Royal Caribbean- the Voyager or Freedom class ships have lots and lots to do. If you are having a tough time deciding on which line, go for the one that has the ports of call that really interest you and your family.
Old June 13th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Beginner

Default Crown Princess vs. Carnival

My wife and I took our two children on the Crown Princess last November and they couldn't have been happier with it! They were 4 and 7 and loved the kids area, being treated like royalty by the waitstaff in the dining room, the Movies Under the Stars... The staff in the kids area was great and your kids would be in the activities (Princess Pelicans) which was a plus for our boys.

The only downside to our balcony cabin was that having the bunks down meant that we couldn't combine the bottom beds into a queen. I'm not sure if that would be different in a mini-suite or not.

It's a great itinerary, I heartily recommend it!
Old July 18th, 2007, 04:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

With younger children, 3 to 10 or so, Disney is the way to go. I think RCI is probably better with older kids.
Disney Wonder October 2009