Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 11th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Beginner

Default List of ships with cabins for family of 5?

We had a cabin for 5 on the Norwegian Sun. This year we had to get to cabins that connect and would like to avoid that next year. Travel agents say there is no such cabin as a cabin for 5. I know differently! Does anyone have a list of ships that have cabins for 5 besides the Norwegian Sun?
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

I'm not sure of the name of the ship, but when I was browsing Carnival web site I did see that they have cabins for 5.
Monarch of the Seas Jan. 2005 Baja Calif.
NCL Dream Nov. 2005 Western Caribbean
Monarch of the Seas Mar 2006 Baja Calif.
NCL Star Oct. 2006 Mexican Riviera
NCL Pearl Nov. 2007 Southern Caribbean
Mariner of the Seas May 2009 Pacific Coastal
Mariner of the Seas June 2009 Mexican Riviera
RCI Radiance of the Seas
Old March 12th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Yeoman

In addition to Carnival (esp. their newer, biggest ships) check out RCI's family staterooms, esp. on their Voyager class and Freedom class ships. (The big ships!) They do book early so don't wait until too close to your desired date to inquire/book.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old April 4th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfgaynor
In addition to Carnival (esp. their newer, biggest ships) check out RCI's family staterooms, esp. on their Voyager class and Freedom class ships. (The big ships!) They do book early so don't wait until too close to your desired date to inquire/book.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Having just spent a very frustrating half an hour on the phone with Carnival, this doesn't seem to be true at all that their newest and biggest accommodate five. I was expecting the Conquest class with their vaunted "family staterooms" would but max occupancy is 4 including suites. Very disappointing; lots of the family friendly review out on the Net are apparently wrong.
Old April 4th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Admiral

Our friends had a Family Oceanview cabin on RCI's Radiance of the Seas. It was very spacious and slept at least 6. We did 5 in a cabin on the old Carnival Jubilee. Have fun planning.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old April 14th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Beginner

Default Disney has cabins for 5

We have sailed on Disney Magic and Wonder - both have a famiy stateroom for 5. We actually prefer getting 2 connecting cabins with our 3 children because we feel having 2 bathrooms and extra space helps if we are all in the cabin. Good Luck!
Old April 14th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival Fantasy for 5

My family of 5 is booked on the Carnival Fantasy out of New Orleans. We are all in one inside stateroom, so it is an affordable way to go.
($1805.00 for all 5 of us for a 5 night to W. Carribbean.)
Old April 15th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Passenger

Our family of five is booked on a guar OV on Carnival Triumph in July. Five in one cabin! The cabin has two twins that convert to a King, a sofa bed and upper bunk or 2 upper bunks - cabin steward will bring a rollaway each night. There are limited number of rooms that accomodate five but these rooms do exist!

I have done some research on this factor in looking for a 7-day summer Caribbean Cruise that could accomodate our family of 5. This is what I found:

Carnival Cruise Lines have larger standard cabins than other cruise lines. Staterooms are available that can accomodate 5. According to my research these ships can accomodate 5 in a cabin by adding a rollaway bed: Fantasy Class Ships--Fantasy, Esctasy, Sensation, Fascination, Imagination, Inspiration, Elation and Paradise, Holiday Class Ships, and Destiny Class Ships such as the Triumph, Destiny and Victory.
Carnival ships that offer adjoining staterooms for families are offered on: Destiny, Triumph, Victory, Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty, Freedom, Spirit, Pride, Legend and Miracle.

Royal Caribbean has family staterooms that can accomodate 6 on these ships: Adventure, Brillance, Enchantment, Explorer, Freedom, Jewel, Liberty, Mariner, Navigator, Radiance, Rhapsody, Serenade, Vision and Voyager. Royal Family Suites are also available and they can accomodate 8.

Princess Cruise Lines also has family suites with a balcony that can accomodate up to 8. I think they only have 2 of these rooms on a ship and so would book out fast. The Star Princess, Caribbean Princess and Crown Princess offer these suites.

Disney Cruise Lines offers a category 4 deluxe stateroom with verandah that sleeps 4-5. These ships include the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder.

Another option is to get adjoining staterooms, however this option can be more expensive as higher rates apply for the 1st and 2nd person in each cabin, whereas you would get a cheaper rate for the 3rd, 4th and 5th passenger if you are all in the same cabin. However a Royal Suite on RCL can be more expensive than getting an adjoining stateroom.

If anyone else had a stateroom on any of these ships that accomodate 5 they could confirm how accurate my research is.

Good Luck in finding a cruise!

RCCL Song of America 1990
Old April 17th, 2007, 11:04 PM
Passenger

Hi jenjersnap,

I heard that the newer Carnival ships--the Conquest Class and Spirit Class Ships do not allow 5 passengers in one cabin due to new Fire Safety Rules, which is not applicable to the older ships.

Can anyone else verify this?

Let us know what you find!

RCCL Song of America 1990
Old April 25th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Passenger

we sailed on the carnival inspiration in 2003 and had 5 in the room.

Old October 30th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Passenger

Have any new ships been added since the last post above in April?
Thanks
Old December 29th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Beginner

NCL Pearl has suites with 2 & 3 bedrooms but they are expensive.
Old January 13th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Beginner

also interested in the answer to this one. where are you cruising to? we are looking into whether to book 2 staterooms or suite to Alaska- 2 parents and 2 adult kids. any suggestions? would like a balcony.