Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Passenger

Default Family of three with Inside Guarantee room

We are going on Carnival Triumph on May 12th and would like to know if there are certain cabins inside that do not accomodate three people. We have an inside guarantee, but the pics I see of staterooms don't look like they have the third bed. Are certain levels of cabins more or less likely to have the third bed? If so, are we more likely to be upgraded because we have three people paying for a stateroom?
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Yeoman

You really need to contact your travel agent or Carnival directly to verify that. It's important so you should go to the experts!
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old March 15th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Admiral

I don't know if your requirement for a triple will affect your upgrade chances. One of the biggest cruising mysteries is, how do they choose who to upgrade.
Lots of ppl have theories, but truthfully it must be a heavily guarded secret. On Carnival, generally speaking, your third bed will pull down from the ceiling or wall and it will only be down at night after your room steward has performed turn down service.
I would say you are probably not any less or more likely to be upgraded than anyone else because of the third passenger. There are all sorts of cabins that can accomodate more than two ppl. especially on Carnival.
The only thing that is certain is that you will definitely get at least the category you paid for, with the possibility of an upgrade, so the pro's here will tell you to be certain that you'll be happy with what you are guaranteed so if you don't get upgraded, you won't be disappointed.
I can tell you from personal experience that I got the best nights sleep ever on Carnival in an inside cabin, with four of us in it. It was absolutely wonderful. Quiet, dark, and we were gently rocked asleep as we slipped down the Mississippi into the ocean as the waves rocked us to sleep. I must say too, that Carnival's bed's are wonderful. When we cruise Carnival we always book an inside guarantee, while we've always ended up in a better category than we paid for, we've never gotten an obscene upgrade. But never ever felt like we didn't get more than what we paid for.
If you really want to see how many triple staterooms there are in each category, you can go to carnival's website and look at their deck plans and check it out for yourself. When your docs arrive look at the actual ticket and your room number will likely be on them.