Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 24th, 2007, 06:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Childcare on Caribbean Princess?

We are booked on Caribbean Princess in May for a cruise and are taking my 4 yr. old great-grandson. This will be his first cruise and is a four generation trip so we want everything to be great for all. Has anyone used the childcare center on this ship and also have you used the late night group babysitting? We also wonder if anyone has used the center for a port day....we are not sure we are completely comfortable leaving him for such a long time and probably being out of contact. One last question.......are tips given to the childcare workers, either for the free programs or the paid sitting at night? We want to do the right thing. Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.....happy sails
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2007, 02:26 PM
Yeoman

Yes, my son participated in the Caribbean Princess' youth program when he was three and liked it a lot. We usually don't leave our kids much while in port since we like to explore together. I usually give the youth counselors a lump sum tip at the end (maybe around $50 for a week long cruise) for them to divide up. There isn't private babysitting on Princess, just group babysitting after 10 p.m. I think you'll all have a great time -- it's a lovely ship and good youth program.
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old March 29th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks so much for the personal experience that you had. This is the first time we will be using any childcare aboard a cruise, but I love Princess a lot and I knew that they would run a great program, since the ships are so well run. We can't wait for this family adventure. Happy sails........