Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 16th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Yeoman

Default Bermuda shore excursions

We are going on the Costa Magica this Sunday (4/22) and calling two days in Bermuda's West End. We haven't been to Bermuda (along with Nassau, our other call) in many years. Any suggestions on beaches you took your kids to (independently via cab is fine along with shore excursions) that you all liked? Has anyone been to the caves and aquarium on Bermuda?

Thanks!

Luisa Frey Gaynor
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Passenger

The West End docking is right at King's Warf. There are many things to do right there, without even needing a cab. There is a beach and snorkel park, shopping, glass blowing to observe, British fort to tour, swimming with the dolphins, dining. We did not go to the snorkel park, but it looked neat. We toured the fortress and surrounding buildings and enjoyed that. It would be a great place for kids to run around, cannons, etc....
All of the good beaches (Elbow and 7 Mile?) are along the southwest part of the island so you are in a good spot to take a taxi to them. THe caves and aquarium are on the eastern part of the island closer to St. George. You can easily take a ferry from King's Warf to Hamilton and St. George. There are also good beaches in St. George and it is very quaint to explore, very historic.
Hope this helps. I'm sorry that I can't remember the names of the beaches off hand, but they are on all of the maps.
Norwegian Crown Bermuda 9-07
Royal Caribbean Splendour Of The Seas Mexico
3-07
Celebrity Horizon Bermuda 9-05
Holland America Zuiderdam Caribbean 9-04
Celebrity Galaxy Caribbean 5-03
Royal Caribbean Nordic Empress Caribbean 12-98
Old April 20th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Yeoman

Thanks much! Ten years ago we were in Hamilton and St. Geo so I'm glad there's much to do in West End. I think the beach you were unsure about is Horsebay Beach -- since my original post, I found a Bermuda map and see that Horsebay is accessible by cab. I hear it's beautiful.

Thanks again,
Luisa
Old July 26th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Passenger

Hello Luisa! Since I answered your Bermuda post, we too will now be cruising to Bermuda, but this time with our 20 mo old! Anything helpful to add from your experience that will help me this time around? Thanks! I apapreciate you knowledge on your many posts on CM. Would you like an apprentice?
Norwegian Crown Bermuda 9-07
Royal Caribbean Splendour Of The Seas Mexico
3-07
Celebrity Horizon Bermuda 9-05
Holland America Zuiderdam Caribbean 9-04
Celebrity Galaxy Caribbean 5-03
Royal Caribbean Nordic Empress Caribbean 12-98
Old August 6th, 2007, 12:20 PM
Yeoman

Hi Cruz Lover:
Are you docking in Hamilton/St. George or the West End? Since my kids are older(5 and 13 yrs), taking the bus and ferry was easy from the West End. I think being right in Hamilton/St. George though with a toddler will be easier since you can walk right off your ship into town.

However, the bus system in Bermuda is very reasonable and extremely efficient. It's the most economical way to see the island. I recommend getting a bus map/schedule to see how to get from your port/s to the beaches -- they're perfect and calm for little ones. The aquarium/zoo is also great for young kids. You can get there by bus.

Thanks for the compliments!

Smooth sailing,
Luisa
Old November 20th, 2007, 10:59 AM
Familiar Face

So Bermuda is a good place to go with a child? I am thinking of taking my 10 year old son.
Old November 27th, 2007, 09:29 AM
Yeoman

Absolutely! Both my 5 year old and 13 year old loved it. You can read more about it in my article "Family Friendly Bermuda" which is on the main family cruise page of CruiseMates.com.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old November 29th, 2007, 08:27 AM
Familiar Face

Okay. Great. Thank you.

Lisa