Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Seabeacon
Default Third person/child cost for cruise

Which cruise lines have the best discounts for a child or third person in the cabin? Which ones are notorious for overcharging? I have been told that Princess is the most expensive and RCI and Carnival are the cheapest? I really don't want to pay an arm and a leg for my 4 year old son to cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2007, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Sea,
Most of the cruiselines do discount for the 3rd and 4th person in a cabin. They are all different. IT will also depend on the specific sailing, you'd have to get prices for a cruise you want and compare to another, there is no set rate with any cruiseline.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 6th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Its a matter of research because all the lines will offer a deal at one time or another. Royal Caribean has one going on now (or just ended) for 3rd and 4th person rates at $99 for select sailings. I know that NCL has done the same in the past as well. Keep checking and be placed on the cruise lines email list so you are in the know.

Enchantment Of The Seas

Explorer of the Seas Winter Get Away -- back to the aft cabin
Old June 29th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Costa is have free kids sale right now. Anyone sailed Costa with kids?
1 NCL
1 American Hawaii
1 Celebrity
Holland America 1/15/11
Old July 2nd, 2007, 09:16 PM
Yeoman

I recently sailed on Costa and my five year old enjoyed it. If you look at the home page, you'll see my review.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old October 21st, 2007, 07:27 PM
Passenger

I ended up paying 700.00 for my 20 month old grandbaby to go with us on our Family cruise. I called Princess about 10 times trying to get a deal or waive the price. They didn't budge. I told them I didn't think they were family friendly. But I couldn't live without here for 14 days, so I paid her way. The cruise is 7 days and were going early to do some partying before the family get there

We did call other cruise lines and not one offered free fare for any children at the time. We cruised Princess and liked the company so we went with it.
Old October 21st, 2007, 08:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Actually the $700 you are paying for your child isn't all that terrible, especially for a 14 day cruise. What is the cost of the 2 adults??

Enjoy and have fun with the family!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 22nd, 2007, 11:53 AM
Yeoman

Yes, you're right that you're not going to find much in the way of kids' rates. Generally the third/fourth person rate is the same whether it's a child or adult being the 3rd/4th person.

Costa offers Kids Sail Free for their winter Caribbean season though. Disney usually has a slightly lower 3rd/4th person rate for kids, however their rates are higher than CCL or RCI to begin with.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor