Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Beginner

Default First timers w/toddler questions

Hello all.

I just book a 4 night cruise on the Disney Wonder for Jan 13, 2008 for myself, husband and son who will be almost 2 at time of travel. My sis in law and family will also be coming.

I booked a Cat 4 family stateroom. Is this nice?

Also, we will be visiting family before the cruise so we will have a carseat and rental car. Is there room for the carseat in the cabin along with all the other kiddie stuff?

Should I keep the rental car in port while we're at sea or return it to the airport on the day we depart and take the transfers from Disney?

Sorry for all the questions but thanks in advance for the answers
Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2007, 12:17 PM
Yeoman

We used to bring a car seat and would ask the steward to store it for us in him separate storage area. Otherwise the cabin gets too tight. I assume you'll be bringing an umbrella stroller too, right? This will take up room in your cabin too.

Disney is great for little ones. There is a nursery you can leave your child at for an hourly fee. Sign up early on during the cruise for the hours you would like. I wrote an article on it on this site called "Disney's Magical Nursery."

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor