Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Passenger

Default Santa on a cruise ship?

I've heard Santa makes an appearance on Carnival's Holiday Cruises. Has anyone experienced this? I'm having a difficult time deciding how I should handle the "Santa problem". Since my children still believe and we'll be on board on over Christmas. I'm pondering wether Santa leaves our gifts at home or makes a stop in our cabins?

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Beginner

We were on the Carnival Elation the week before Christmas last year and they had the kids put on a Christmas show where Santa appeared at the end. The kids all receveive a candy cane and had a chance to talk to Santa.
Old September 5th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Passenger

Perhaps you can bring a small token gift for each child with a note from Santa stating that he made a stop at you house. My husband is a police officer so he has worked his share of holidays. One year, I had everything ready to go, along with stocking stuffers in individual labeled bags. My DH and I took the younger kids out to look at the lights and to the early service at church. While my husband loaded up the kids, my older teen daughter helped me set all the gifts out. We returned form church and Satnta had made his visit already! You could try something like that. Good luck!
Old September 6th, 2007, 10:36 AM
Yeoman

All the family oriented cruise lines (those with youth programs) have Santa make an appearance as well as other holiday activities, ranging from gingerbread house making, holiday themed shows, tree lightings, etc.

You have to book early for holiday cruises -- they are very popular with families.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old September 6th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Passenger

Thanks, Luisa

We've booked two inside staterooms for our family of four on the Carnival Miracle. We will cruise on a 9 night holiday cruise from 12/24-1/2. We're very excited to spend Christmas and New Years on board and look forward to all the holiday activities. I'll be sure to post a review.

Have a great day!
Old September 10th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Yeoman

Sounds great -- I'm sure there will be tons of kids on board for yours to hang out/play with.

Yes, I'd love to hear how it went afterwards.

Best,
Luisa
Old November 7th, 2007, 06:14 PM
Passenger

We will also be cruising over Christmas, and we have 2 believers in our group. I'm planning on at least 1 to 2 gifts from Santa. Also, take a look at cruisecritic.com they have a great article on how each of the cruiselines will be celebrating and decorating for the season. Each boat is going to have Santa and alot of them are going to have church services as well. Good luck and Merry Christmas crusing!!!!!
Old December 20th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Passenger

I'm also sailing on the Miracle next Monday for Christmas and New Years. I have two children (11 and 14). I am bringing their stockings and two small gifts to put in them. My kids are too old now to believe, but they humour me anyway and let me have my fun!!

I am also bringing one gift for them to unwrap Christmas morning.

We told them the cruise was their Christmas present, so they are not expecting anything.

See you Monday!