Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 5th, 2007, 06:39 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to DreamGaz
Default Family of 6 Cruising

I'm sending my parents on a cruise for their 60th birthdays (11 month apart). So now the whole family is going. What is the best cabin arrangement for 5 adults and a 3 y.o.? 3 cabin? Does it matter where the 3 y.o is booked verses where she actually stays? We are looking at NWL, RC, Carnival.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old November 5th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Admiral

Any combination would work, I guess it depends on everyone's preferences. You could get two cabins with 3 occupants each, if you are a real tightly knit bunch you can get them with connecting doors. Or you can do 4 in one room, two in the other. Or 3 rooms, two in each. NCL has Garden Villas that will hold lots of people, but they cost big bucks. So it depends on your preferences and budget. It does not matter where the child sleeps vs. how you have booked it.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 6th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Beginner

We just went on a family cruise with my father-in-law and booked adjoining room. We booked my husband and me in one room and my father-in-law with the 3 children in the other. The second room we got the senior rate for all the passengers because my father-in-law was a senior. You might want to check the cruise you are taking to find out if that cruise offers a senior rate and book the seniors in each of the rooms to get a better rate. They said as long as one person qualified in the room the whole group qualified for the rate. It saved us almost 1,000 dollars. We split the sleeping up 3 and 3 in the rooms when we got there.
Old November 12th, 2007, 03:25 PM
Yeoman

Good advice from the others. Just to add, it really doesn't matter where the 3 y.o. sleeps even though he/she will officially be booked into one cabin, as long as there is a bed for her.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor