Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 12th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Beginner

Default Where to find a "master" School Vacation Schedule

Such a thing may not exist, but does anyone know if there is a master list out there that shows which week States/Counties have their Spring Vacation? I saw a list for College Spring Break (BTW, there are approx 672,000 college students on Spring Break the week that I am cruising), but I would love to know how many schools have vacation the same week that we are cruising. I have a 9yo and I have fears of him being the only kid in his age group at Camp Carnival and he complains the entire cruise that he is bored! I know it sounds silly, but Mom's worry about these things.
Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Admiral

I home school my kids and we really try to book when school is in session, to avoid everyone elses kids lol! But I have yet to see a kid's facility that has no kids in it. Regardless of whether or not school is in session. Chances are he will find some friends on board even if school is in session, especially on Carnival. I am sure he won't be alone.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old November 19th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Yeoman

I don't think such a thing exists, though it would be handy! School breaks vary so much depending on region of the country. Generally, most of March and the first few weeks of April get a lot of grade school children at sea since it's inevitably someone's spring break week.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old November 19th, 2007, 08:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I've never heard of one either, would be nice. You can also tell its spring break time by the cruise prices, the old supply and demand. They should be lower right before and again after the rush.

Message Boards Moderator