Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Beginner

Default Looking for Advice for big Family Trip!

Hi! I'm looking for advice from the experts. We are planning a cruise for our parents 30th wedding anniversary in August, but are hoping to not completely break the bank.
Looking to go for a week - and since we live in NY - we'd rather leave from a port in NYC or NJ to save air fare!
We'd be traveling with (at least) five adults and two small children - including one infant. (other families may join after we book)

Any advice on an affordable family-friendly cruise line - especially since i hear we have to pay full price for both kids! Or advice on what to look for (and look out for) as we book?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Looking for Advice for big Family Trip!

Seen what RCI has? Sounds like 3 cabins needed. I don't leave out of New York, but know you also have Maryland and Massachusetts ports as options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb123
Hi! I'm looking for advice from the experts. We are planning a cruise for our parents 30th wedding anniversary in August, but are hoping to not completely break the bank.
Looking to go for a week - and since we live in NY - we'd rather leave from a port in NYC or NJ to save air fare!
We'd be traveling with (at least) five adults and two small children - including one infant. (other families may join after we book)

Any advice on an affordable family-friendly cruise line - especially since i hear we have to pay full price for both kids! Or advice on what to look for (and look out for) as we book?
Thanks!
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old February 28th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Looking for Advice for big Family Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb123

Thanks!
Please keep us posted on how you make out as our family is thinking of taking a family cruise.
Old February 28th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

You may want to check out leaving from other ports. I priced a NY cruise (that I could drive to) and a FL cruise that I would have to fly and it was cheaper to fly to FL and leave from there. The cruises from NY tend to be longer and more expensive.

I think RC or Carnival are the best for multi generational cruises.
1 NCL
1 American Hawaii
1 Celebrity
Holland America 1/15/11
Old March 3rd, 2008, 01:03 PM
Yeoman

Check out RCI though -- I know friends of mine who are doing a five day Bermuda cruise on RCI this coming season out of Bayonne, NJ.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor