Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2008, 09:19 PM
Beginner

Default KIDS are FREE on all MSC Cruises

Its amazing! Just found out that I can always bring my KIDS for FREE on all MSC Cruises in Europe & Caribbean. This is an amazing deal!

Also i visited their new website for the launch of their new Ship in the Caribbean. So cool and classy

www.theorchestraiscomingtotown.com
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I was excited when I read this info as well. I booked a Christmas cruise on the Lirica for me and my girls. We are all so excited!! I am so impressed with their pricing that I have already priced out a cruise on the Orchestra for Easter next April.
Old March 31st, 2008, 03:36 PM
Yeoman

Please let us know how the cruise is. The ships sound very lovely but I haven't checked out the youth programming yet w/my kids.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old April 3rd, 2008, 04:20 PM
Captain

It is wondeful that the kids are sailing for free. We booked the 17 day transatlantic for the dec 16/08 sailing and even including the fuel surcharges and all the taxes it is under $2700 for our family of four. I thought that was a great deal for so many days, especially with us spending new years eve in port in Puerto Rico. We were going to do the Carnival Splendor in August instead but we just couldn't pass up this deal with MSC. I sure hope the kids have fun and the cruise is awesome.
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to CruiseNOID

I was considering this line. But make sure you go over to the cruise line reviews because I am now leaning away from them now. I will either book again with Carnival or will give RCL a try.

Carnival Inspiration 8/2009
Carnival Fascination 8/2008
Old September 15th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

I have been hearing some good things about them. I have yet to be on one of their ships but they have invitied me to take a tour of one of their new ships. For a family, you just can't beat the price. Besides, even if they are not fabulous, they still can not be as bad as some fo the Carnival ships.
Old September 16th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

I hope someone posts back with a positive review - sometimes you get just what you pay for.
Old September 17th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Captain

The more research that I have been doing the more comfortable I feel with giving MSC a chance. I'm starting to find more information about the line and more individuals and families that had expectations similar to my own that were satisfied on their cruise. I'm disappointed that there is not more information on MSC on this site but I'm hoping to add at least one more voice when our family returns. We're going to travel blog as well so maybe we'll be able to get more specific information about the line out there specifically for families.

We've prepared our kids for the differences between Carnival, RCI and MSC and I think my 8 year old summed it up best with this " Mommy, we're going to be on a beautiful ship for 17 days and it is going to take us to 10 exciting ports, no matter what it is going to be totally awesome." When I look at her as my extreme Camp Carnival fan and she is willing to step outside of her box to try something new I am confident that whatever the pros and cons it will be "awesome"
Old September 17th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Yeoman

To 2littletime:
Glad to hear your child is game for MSC. Pls. let us know once you sail aboard MSC. I have not yet -- I tried to get a press cruise this summer but it did not work out.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey
Family Cruise Editor