Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Yeoman

For Pafuncouple:
RCI's teen program starts for those aged 12 to 14; there is a sep. program for those 15 to 17 yrs. My daughter is the teen editor of CruiseMates and she rates RCI tops! You can check out her articles on the teen section of this website.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey
Family Cruise Editor
Old January 7th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Beginner

I'm thinking of booking the nickolodeon cruise on the Freedom of the Seas. I'm justy worried that with the amount of kids that will be on the cruise if there is enough staff to watch the kids at the club or if they deny kids if it gets too full.
Old January 20th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Passenger

My mom booked an alaskan cruisetour for my grandparents 50th anniversary in july!!!
im sooo pumped this will be my second cruise!

Future Cruises<!3
Radiance Of The Seas July 6 2009
Past Cruises<!3
One a very long time ago!
Old January 22nd, 2009, 05:13 PM
Yeoman

I hear the Nick Family Cruises are HUGE fun for kids with a lot of family activities too.

Most cruise ships will bring on add'l youth counselors in accordance w/the number of children on their ship manifest for that voyage. I would assume this is the case here too -- and the cruise is on Freedom of the Seas, which has very big youth and teen rooms to accommodate the high numbers of youngsters on board.

Tell SpongeBob I said hello!

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey
Family Cruise Editor
Old January 23rd, 2009, 01:49 PM
Beginner

Default Family Cruise 2009

Hi our family(me, dh, ds) is booked on Disney Wonder for Sept 10-13 2009. Our best friends are also booked on the same ship with us. For must of them its their first cruise. Its my 2nd. I went on the old BIG RED BOAT before it changed to Disney.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 05:22 PM
Beginner

Hi my Mom just called the other day and said she wanted to take everyone on a cruise this year. It will be 11 all together including my family, my sisters family, and my parents and Lil brother. The kids range from 4 to 11 years old. It looks like we will be booked on the Spirit for October. Is this a good time to go, I heard it was during hurricane season? We haven't booked because I'm trying to research it all. Any advice or help would be grateful. Has any gone during this time or been on this ship? What are your thoughts. Thanks for any and all help.
Old January 24th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Passenger

We are booked on the Mariner of the seas March 22. We picked Royal because of all the things for the kids to do. (big and small kids)
Old January 26th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Beginner

We are two families; one of 5 and the other of 6. We would like to have a fabulous family cruise! Any thoughts???
Old January 26th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Beginner

We are two families; one of 5 and the other of 6. We would like to have a fabulous family cruise! Any thoughts???
Old January 28th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Yeoman

For Newbie Family Cruise:

Sept and Oct are my least favorite time of year to cruise the Caribbean. Chances are the weather will be fine, however it still is prime hurricane season which is why the fares for then are much cheaper. It's your call though -- do what you feel comfortable with.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey
Family Cruise Editor
Old January 29th, 2009, 02:06 AM
Beginner

Thanks lfgaynor! We are going on a Mexican Riviera Cruise, I don't know if that makes a difference with Hurricane season.
Old January 31st, 2009, 11:54 PM
Passenger

We're booked on the Apr 11 NCL Gem sailing from NYC. There's 13 in our family going. Most are first time cruisers. It's so much fun seeing the face of the virgin cruiser as you pull up to the pier. You can describe the size of the ship, but until you actually get up close, they just can't imagine the size.

Can't wait to go!
Old February 4th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Familiar Face

DH and little sis and I are going on Majesty OTS Feb. 20.

We have a 3 month old and a 7 year old and are definately going to do something once the little one reaches the 6 month mark. He's a relatively laid back baby that already sleeps through the night, so hopefully it will go well with him. 7 y/o is a seasoned traveller, although this will be his first cruise.

We are considering Alaska but not too sure if this would be a good idea with baby. Could we even do any excursions or get a good feel of all the wonders of Alaska?? I think we might just find a cruise on a Freedom class ship sometime after Apr 27.
Old February 4th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Yeoman

If you do go to Alaska, buy one of those baby back packs. There are some easy, nice hikes your family can do from many of the port towns. See my article on Alaska for Families on the Family Cruise Home page for more details.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey
Family Cruise Editor
Old February 11th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Passenger

I am taking my girlfreind and my 5 year-old son on the Voyager out of Galveston March 29. Ninth cruise for me, first for the other 2!
Old February 12th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Yeoman

With Voyager as their first cruise, they are going to be spoiled for future crusies! So much to do for families!
Good choice...
Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey
Family Cruise Editor
Old February 15th, 2009, 04:02 PM
Beginner

June 21,2009 Dawn family of 19
Old February 20th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Yeoman

Let us know how it works with the group of 19! Did you get a family reunion package?

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey
Family Cruise Editor
Old February 22nd, 2009, 12:05 AM
Passenger

We're booked on the April 11th NCL Gem out of NYC. There's 3 generations ages 5 to 72. Only 4 of us have cruised before, so I'm looking forward to sharing the 1st time cruiser experience with everyone!