Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Yeoman

Default Anyone going on a holiday cruise with kids?

Just wondering if anyone is taking off soon for a holiday cruise with their kids? If so, pls. let us know in the new year how it was. What did you do about bringing presents for them, etc?

Happy holidays,
Luisa Frey
Family Cruise Editor
Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2009, 03:28 AM
Familiar Face

Sadly, no. I hope to be able to do so next year, but doesn't look like it will happen this year. hopefully someone will post some good tips so we can be prepared!!
Monarch OTS over and over and over again
Carnival Imagination 5/2009
Oasis OTS 2/2010
Grandeur OTS 3/2010
Old October 21st, 2009, 12:59 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to MsBadGrl2U

ME ME ME!!!!!!! Taking my 65 year old mother, 17 year old daughter, and family friends on the Carnival Splendor the week after thanksgiving. We are all excited but I have been posting on here and Carnival Online Community and so far no one else has children in the 15-17 age catagory . We took a Princess cruise the same time of year in 2007 and my daughter had a good size group to hang with and they had a blast, hopefully it'll be the same this time
Old October 21st, 2009, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I'm sure your kids will have other kids their age on te cruise, I wouldn't worry about that.

Have fun!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 21st, 2009, 11:54 AM
Yeoman

There traditionally are less kids on the cruises between Thanksgiving and Christmas since the lion's share are on Thanksgiving week and also between Christmas and New Years.

However you picked the right cruise line to go on since Carnival ALWAYS has kids and teens on board. While there won't be as many teens for your daughter to choose from to hang out, there should be some on board.

Tell her to go on the teen message boards here -- actually, my 16-yr-old daughter is the teen moderator!

Let us know how the cruise was.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey
Family Cruise Editor
Old October 21st, 2009, 05:52 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to MsBadGrl2U

I keep telling her to post on the teen board, she's already registered on here. We used to take our trips late Feb-early March and it seemed kind of dead for teens at that time so I figured maybe right after a holiday would be good since prices are much lower and it's easy to do the independent study thing to get their homework. Unfortunately for teens they face other issues as well, I know the last carnival ship we were on didn't have a place for the 12-14 group she was in at the time and teens don't want to go to the little kiddie room for activities, not to mention, some teens are just feel they are too cool for the organized activity thing anyway. I am sure she will find at least one partner in crime and I will only see her in the cabin and at dinner.
Old November 1st, 2009, 12:57 PM
Yeoman

Really, let her know that she should check out the teen message boards here. My daughter Alex is one of the teen moderators -- it's a good spot for them to learn more about the cruise line they're going on and maybe even potentially find someone on their cruise.

Smooth sailing,
Luisa Frey