Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Passenger

Default Costa Maya Excursion

I have read about excursions to Mahahaul beaches. Is it better to take an excursions or go on your own? Is there a difference in service, etc.? Also, which is the best beach? Sounds like there are several in this area. Thanks in advance for your imput!
Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2009, 02:45 AM
Beginner

Default Mahahaul beaches

Hi there,

When I was in Costa Maya we bought an all inclusive beach package in Mahahaul. We purchased it at the Port of Costa Maya. I believe if was $25 and it was all you can eat and drink, all day. They even drove us down there. I can't remember the name of the place we bought it from, but the waiter's name was Oscar. The place we were was just a raised platform built right on the beach with a thatched roof overhead. There were tables down closer to the water and they also had little thatched umbrellas over each of them. It was beautiful! It was also within walking distance of the "strip" in Mahahaul, which is pretty much just a bunch of street vendors selling jewelry, crafts, clothes, etc. It was a lot of fun though. There is a small town there as well. We found a tiny internet "cafe". More like a tiny room with 4 or 5 computers. We were able to check our email and what not though, and it was super cheap.

When is your cruise? I have a request. I bought some leather sandals at a shop in the Port of Costa Maya and they are my favorite shoes! I have worn them almost every day for the past 3 years, and finally 2 days ago they broke! I have been unable to find another place to buy them. Would you be willing to bring me back a pair or two if I compensated you? I would so appreciate it! I have pictures of Costa Maya, and Mahahaul... and my shoes Let me know if you would like me to send you some. Thanks so much, and I hope you have a fantastic time!

-April