I just booked my first cruise on Norwegian Jewel out of NYC to the Bahamas next June. My husband, 15 yo son and one of his friends will be joining. Got 2 connecting rooms on Deck 9 (BB category). I have lots of questions and look to you guys for advice.
1. Is it safe for the boys to walk around by themselves?
2. Are there enough teen activities on the Jewel for one week for them?
3. The boys want to swim with the dolphins in Nassau. Which has a better reputation and/or experience--Blue Lagoon or Atlantis Dolphin Cay?
4. Should I get the soda package for them?
5. Is it better to prepay the gratuities or do you get better service when you dole out tips accordingly?
6. Which restaurants are worth the additional fee?
7. How is the food in the main dining rooms?
8. The cabins seem like a 2x4, am I going to get claustraphobic? Even the balcony is teeny tiny!
That is it for now. I APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL RESPONSES. Thanks so much.