Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2010, 09:47 AM
Passenger

Default Large Family group on Spirit 8/17/10

We will be celebrating our 50th anniversary by taking our family on the Spirit on August 17 to Alaska. We, our kids and grandkids will be flying in to Seattle from all parts of the country. My hubby has been working with an agent. It's been quite a headache for him because the agent has screwed up so many things. Luckily my hubby is a stickler for detail. (He's a retired electrical engineer and technical writer.) One of the problems we've been having is that the agent has stuck us with late dining. We are a party of 17 which includes young children and toddlers. Bear in mind that we have family with kids flying in from the East Coast and the Mid South. Having dinner at 8:00 pm is ridiculous. The agent said we should do standby. Imagine 17 people including crying toddlers standing by, waiting for a table large enough for all of us. BTW, we booked in January, plenty of time to get this squared away. How can we fix this?
Sue in LV
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Sue,
If for some reason this doesn't get fixed by the time of your cruise. Once you are onboard, just go to the area where the Madre'd is that day and see what he can do for you. You may have to go with 2 tables next to each other, lets hope they can get you all together. I agree with you, the late dinner is just too late even for me, best of luck.

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 24th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

I don't know if this will work; but have the travel agent call the cruise line with your husband sitting next to the agent and plead for them to change to early seating; tell them that this is a large group the cruiseline is making a lot of money with your group; so they should be accomodating; also with your husband sitting next to agent, they can tell if the agent is not working for you but against you.
Cheers,
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old June 23rd, 2010, 04:50 PM
Passenger

It would be nice if my hubby could do that, but the whole booking process was done online. The travel agent works with the military. My daughter who is in the Navy gave us his info.
Old June 24th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Admiral

thats one of the reasons that i don't like to deal with an on-line agency, i like sitting down and talking one-on-one with my travel agent, but even so you need to keep on the agent about getting that dining changed, and as Donna said if nothing has been done before you sail, as soon as you get on board go see the Maitre D.