Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 13th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Familiar Face

Default Cruising with 18 year old son

Hi, all. I tried to search for this but came up with nothing. We would like to cruise next summer with our youngest son....he will be 18! We have cruised with 12, 14, 16 year olds and they started with the kids meetings and met friends there, but that doesn't seem like an option....not that it should be.... any way, I'm wondering how 18 year olds with their parents fare on cruises. We certainly don't expect to see a lot of him, but ??? will he meet people?? are there many kids that age??? too old for parents, too young to be there alone???help....plese.
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Admiral

oh boy that is a tough one. He is too old for the kids club activites, too young to gamble and drink on board, but he can participate in any of the adult activities on board. If he is outgoing, makes friends easily and likes to play some sports, he will do just fine meeting people by the pool, shooting a game of hoops, that type of thing, plan excursions that would interest him and the family. If he is quiet, and on the shy side it might be a good idea if he could bring a buddy along to hang with
Old September 14th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

What cruises are you looking at??

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 15th, 2010, 04:27 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I too, want to know what cruises you are looking at. Some of the cruise lines have mixers for the 18 - 20 set....and then it it pretty much up to them to meet up and get together after that. 18 - 20 is a VERY awkward age to be on a cruise! Can't drink, may be able to gamble depending on the itinerary. Can go in clubs, but not drink alcohol. Can't be in the teen clubs.
Old September 19th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Familiar Face

thanks for responding.... I was hoping for something in the Caribbean, but I am open to options....do you know which ship/line/ or?? would offer an 18-20 kind of thing??? thanks for taking the time to respond. I appreciate it
Old September 27th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Admiral

i would go with Royal Caribbean, their huge ships have so much to do and so much going on, always a constant flury of activity for all ages.