CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Family Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/family-cruising/)
-   -   Cruise rules re: potty training (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/family-cruising/391278-cruise-rules-re-potty-training.html)

OrangeMood August 16th, 2012 10:48 PM

Cruise rules re: potty training

Hello,

We are going on a Carnaval cruise with our 19 month old. I have a question on potty training. I read that if your child is not potty-trained they won't be allowed into the pool. How is the potty training tested? My daughter occasionally asks to go, but usually i have her sit and do her stuff after every meal. I don't recall last time she went for number two into the diaper - probably 3-4 months ago if so. Even if she doesn't ask she waits till she is on the toilet. so really we don't need a diaper in the pool. Could she not be let in just because of her age? We have been going to the beach every weekend this summer and nothing ever happened.

Thank you ;)

Trip August 16th, 2012 10:59 PM

If you are comfortable enough knowing her habits, not putting her in pampers would be the way to prevent any confrontations. If there was an accident, that was visible, shall we say....the entire pool would need to be drained. Passengers and the crew would not be happy. Only you can make this call.

There was a post on the Carnival FB page,where a couple was bringing 3 kids in diapers, and, she told the world, she was bringing them in the pool, no matter what!

Knowing your child, who is able to verbally let you know,makes it all easier. There are restrooms right by the pool for a quick escape. Have a great cruise.

Manuel March 10th, 2013 10:57 AM

Let us know how your cruise turned out.

TM

Olivieri November 13th, 2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeMood (Post 1442430)
Hello,

We are going on a Carnaval cruise with our 19 month old. I have a question on potty training. I read that if your child is not potty-trained they won't be allowed into the pool. How is the potty training tested? My daughter occasionally asks to go, but usually i have her sit and do her stuff after every meal. I don't recall last time she went for number two into the diaper - probably 3-4 months ago if so. Even if she doesn't ask she waits till she is on the toilet. so really we don't need a diaper in the pool. Could she not be let in just because of her age? We have been going to the beach every weekend this summer and nothing ever happened.

Thank you ;)

I really wouldn't suggest doing so unless you can keep your child poop-free even in diapers for at least a year. I've seen floating poop in a pool before and literally everyone just scrambled out of it while the parents left utterly embarrassed. :-P