Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Cruise rules re: potty training

Hello,

We are going on a Carnaval cruise with our 19 month old. I have a question on potty training. I read that if your child is not potty-trained they won't be allowed into the pool. How is the potty training tested? My daughter occasionally asks to go, but usually i have her sit and do her stuff after every meal. I don't recall last time she went for number two into the diaper - probably 3-4 months ago if so. Even if she doesn't ask she waits till she is on the toilet. so really we don't need a diaper in the pool. Could she not be let in just because of her age? We have been going to the beach every weekend this summer and nothing ever happened.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

If you are comfortable enough knowing her habits, not putting her in pampers would be the way to prevent any confrontations. If there was an accident, that was visible, shall we say....the entire pool would need to be drained. Passengers and the crew would not be happy. Only you can make this call.

There was a post on the Carnival FB page,where a couple was bringing 3 kids in diapers, and, she told the world, she was bringing them in the pool, no matter what!

Knowing your child, who is able to verbally let you know,makes it all easier. There are restrooms right by the pool for a quick escape. Have a great cruise.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; August 16th, 2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old March 10th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Let us know how your cruise turned out.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old November 13th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeMood View Post
Hello,

We are going on a Carnaval cruise with our 19 month old. I have a question on potty training. I read that if your child is not potty-trained they won't be allowed into the pool. How is the potty training tested? My daughter occasionally asks to go, but usually i have her sit and do her stuff after every meal. I don't recall last time she went for number two into the diaper - probably 3-4 months ago if so. Even if she doesn't ask she waits till she is on the toilet. so really we don't need a diaper in the pool. Could she not be let in just because of her age? We have been going to the beach every weekend this summer and nothing ever happened.

Thank you
I really wouldn't suggest doing so unless you can keep your child poop-free even in diapers for at least a year. I've seen floating poop in a pool before and literally everyone just scrambled out of it while the parents left utterly embarrassed.