Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Epic vs Sunshine

Looking to cruise January 2015, 7 days in Caribbean. NCL Epic and Carnival Sunshine both sailing at about same price for a balcony cabin. Which is better - Epic or Sunshine?
Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2014, 12:08 AM
Familiar Face

Ive never been on either but im sure the question of which is better will fall on more what do you want?

I am going on my first cruise on Carnival sunshine on jan 31, I picked that cruise because of things on the ship (waterslides, skycourse, game night.) where it was going (belize was the big draw for me.) and the price. in that order.

What's must important to you? if you know that it might be easier to pick. does one have something on it you really want or going somewhere you want to go to over the other?

Good luck and let us know which you choose. hey who knows we might even go on the same trip.

Kacey

Old August 12th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Administrator
Admiral

That is a hard call.

If you like water slides, a nice pool area and more fun activities then I would go with Sunshine. If you like multiple dining venues, EXCELLENT entertainment like Cirqe, Howl at the Moon, Second City, Legends then go with Epic.

I love what Epic has to offer. The negative for me is that it feels more crowded, especially on Deck 6 by O'Sheehans (very good restaurant) and I do not like the wave cabins and the overall look of the ship's exterior.

You will also have more upcharge restaurants on Epic. Budget around $100/pp more in order to fully enjoy. There are plenty of included restaurants on board so you are not required to use the upcharge restaurants.

If the wave cabin and look of the ship don't bother you then I would go for Epic. But either way you will make a good choice.

Take

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 12th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I don't think I know what I want . It's me and my husband and two kids, 7 & 10. I was all set to book Carnival Sunshine, then spoke with someone about the beds in the room. There are two single beds (can convert to one larger bed) a single convertible sofa, and one Pullman. The problem is - I was told if you use the upper Pullman bed you can not convert the two single beds to one bigger. I think that might feel like summer camp for a week with us all in separate beds. That made me start re looking and then I looked at the Epic. They seem very similar so I'm just lost as to witch to pick. I appreciate all the advise and suggestions I find on this board.