Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Family Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

Family Cruising Discuss family cruising - kids programs, babysitting, infant care, etc.

View Poll Results: Which ship would my 10 year old son like best?
Anthem of the Seas 0 0%
Independence of the Seas 0 0%
Enchantment of the Seas 0 0%
Majesty of the Seas 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2017, 08:21 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default good options for kid who doesn't like the kids clubs

We just took a 4-night cruise on the Disney Wonder (my 3rd Disney cruise) and my kids loved it. However, my kids had no interest in the kids clubs at all. My 12 year old daughter and 9 year old son went in once, didn't like it at all, and never went back. My daughter felt weird about going to Edge alone. They preferred to stay with me and my 20 year old son, which was fine with me, and they still had a great time because Disney has so many good activities for families to do together. Next spring break, my daughter is going on a school trip to Washington, D.C., and my older son's spring break is different than ours, so that leaves me and my then 10-year-old son on our own. I can't afford the only Disney cruise that would work for our dates. I am considering a Royal Caribbean cruise, but the only time I went on one was my honeymoon, so I wasn't really paying attention to the kid-friendliness of it. I am concerned that we may not enjoy it as much without the Disney touch, like the games and shows. I don't want us to be bored. We don't go for the ports; we go for the ship. The ships that would work for our dates are Anthem, Independence, Enchantment, or Majesty. I have only been on Explorer of the Seas with RCI.
Sponsored Links