Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2000, 04:08 PM
cheri

Default Guaranteed?

I know I'm a "nervous nelly" and I worry about everything. but I'm really worried about this one. We are booked to sail on the Millennium on 2/18/01. Have made all our arrangements through T.A. they could not assign us a state room but said we are guaranteed a 2C (with a balcony). Having been bumped off airlines after making arrangements a long time in advance I have a fear that we will get to the ship and they will booked and we won't get a room. Please set me mind at ease. Exactly what does "guaranteed" mean. We are guaranteed to have a room? It will be at least the category that we booked? If they definitely can guarantee that why can't they just tell us where we will be staying? I've never cruised and I just don't understand this whole thing! HELP?! and thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2000, 05:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: Guaranteed?

Hi Cheri,
Yes, you should at least get the catagory that you guaranteed, and possibley an upgrade, but never count on that, always book the catagory you'd be happy with.
Usually at the 60 day prior mark some cabins free up and you could get assigned one then, if not most likely before you cruise you will find out your cabin number, so don't panic. Hope you enjoy your first cruise and you are certainly starting out very nicely on Millennium, enjoy it!

Donnassei/Sealover
Old September 12th, 2000, 06:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Cheri,
By booking a CAT 2C guarantee, that is the minimum cabin category they can assign u. They can move u up, but not down!
However they can assign u a cabin anywhere within that CAT 2C category. So, the only thing u're risking is location, and gambling that they could move u up a category or two or LOTS <G>

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com
Old October 10th, 2000, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Having just had a Cat. 2C on Millennium, Penthouse deck, you can't go wrong. If you are upgraded it could be to a higher deck or Cat. 3. Please besure to look at a ship layout if you are offered a 3, as you may not have a balcony! You can always refuse an upgrade and we have seen that happen on this board where a passenger did not think the upgrade was better than what he originally chose.
Bon Voyage.