Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2000, 09:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Boarding photos

I read on your site that you get your picture taken after you register. I did not read as to what the attire is....I plan on wearing nice shorts and shirt. Is this appropriate? Basically, I planned on wearing what I had on when I left home early that morning and on the flight. Thanks in advance for your response.
Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2000, 07:07 AM
TinaLee

Default RE: Boarding photos

Hi! Anything you like is just fine for your boarding photo. Personally, this is one photo I have never purchased on a cruise, as I always seem to look frazzled and wind blown after traveling, standing in line, etc. They will probably take your pic in front of a "life preserver" or something with the ship's name on it.

Enjoy your cruise. Remember, you are never obligated to buy any photos taken by the ship's staff. They are there just in case you may want to buy the pics, it is not mandatory!

Tina
Old September 27th, 2000, 12:18 AM
dashiell

Brian, You will not be the only one in shorts and shirt, believe me. Just remember to check the photo in the photo gallery the next day. You can either buy it, or remove it from the shelf. It is interesting to see everyones photo lined up. I have always trashed my boarding photos, but you may be lucky and get a good shot. You will have your photo taken a lot. They take your photo on all formal nights as well as any shore excursions. Get to the posting wall early to take yours down, if you take a bad shot. It is a hoot to see others, it can be a good laugh until you see yours! lol It is all in fun, and you will have a great cruise. Enjoy yourself and have a wonderful cruise!
Dashiell
Old September 30th, 2000, 06:21 AM
First Mate

When we sailed on the Sensation, there was one pair of young ladies who stripped their shorts and T-shirts to pose in their bikinis for the boarding photo. I guess they were ready for fun...

Sharon
10 hours til Victory sets sail.