Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2001, 10:03 PM
First Mate

Default Carnival-Paradise

This will be our first family cruise. After much searching, we have choosen Paradise. We are non smokers and will be traveling with two kids. Ages 12 and 17. Do you think we have made the right choice. I would appreciate any input. Are there many hidden costs to look for on this cruise? will my 17 year old stay busy?
Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2001, 10:14 PM
Dana&James

Default Re: Carnival-Paradise

Kathy, My husband, 15 year old son, and I will be sailing on the Paradise August 26,01. This will be our second cruise. I think you made a good choice, I did extensive research before booking this ship.. Of course the best aspect of the Paradise is the non-smoking. After sailing on a conventional cruise we knew this would be a big improvement! Be prepared on the first day at sea that your teens will probably be reserved and maybe even leery about the whole thing. My son tended to want to stay in the cabin and watch TV! I drug him out by the heels, we didn't pay this much for him to come along and sit in the cabin and "act shy", which he normally is not. I think it just takes a little time to adjust to the fact that they can relax and have fun and not worry if they will look "stupid". Being silly, and having fun is very contageous on a cruise. I kept telling him that he can let his hair down, after all he will probably never see these people again, so let loose! He ended up being the fun one in our family. One thing he was allowed to do that he can't do at home is stay up and out till 2am. By the time you go to dinner, shows, buffets, disco, etc.. it's late, or early, before you know it! It was during these late night hang-outs he meet a group of kids that he ended up making friends with. He now knows the "drill" for the next cruise, and says he wont waste one second of it hiding out! The ports are good choices for families. I don't want to take up any more space here, if you would like more info on the ports, etc.. you can e-mail me @ cowtown@magiccablepc.com, Happy cruising!