Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2001, 06:57 PM
y

Default medical authorization

Hope someone can help me with this. We will be leaving 2 teens at home and want to know if there was an emergency they would be all right. Do we need to leave special authorization like a notarized statement giving someone else the authority to make decisions? Can a grandparent sign for an emergency? Maybe I'm trying to anticipate every little problem but I know I would relax more.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2001, 06:45 AM
Lindas

Default Re: medical authorization

We've left our children (teens and younger) while on trips before and what I recommend for you is to make sure you leave all of your INSURANCE information including a photo copy of your membership card if you have one. I also always left a letter of the general to whom it may concern authorizing so and so to bring my child (children) in for medical treatment if necessary. This should be ok in case of an emergency. Also the ship has an ememgency radio line that can be contacted if necessary.
Chances of any of this being necessary are slim to none at best. Go on vacation and have a good time. Our "kids" are now 16-23 and of the dozen or so times we had left them not once was any of this necessary but I always felt good leaving it just in case.
Old March 24th, 2001, 08:36 PM
y

Default Re: medical authorization

thank you thank you thank you.got our documents today. we're leaving soon. I had planned on leaving that info and was relieved to see the cards they gave us with a number to call.
y