Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2001, 09:57 PM
First Mate

Default Scuba/Snorkeling Question

This is probably a stupid question... but here goes!

What does one do with their passport/cruise ID etc when doing underwater activities. Are there lockers at the beaches... or the cruise terminal?

Are their water proof hip packs that you can buy to protect your ID? I've looked and haven't seen any.

My wife and I are taking our 1st cruise on the Ocean Princess on 4/8 and have booked a few Discover Scuba and Snorkeling excursions... we 're just not sure what to do with our valuables for these water activities.

All comments appreciated!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2001, 04:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Scuba/Snorkeling Question

Hi Mike,
Depending on where you are going to scuba, chances are from a boat?? If so you can leave your stuff on the boat, but when you board the ship, check out the shops on board, they do sell those plastic water-proof pouches just for that reason. If you find yourself on a beach you can always bury your stuff in the sand and use a shoe or something to mark it, in case they don't have any lockers, some beaches do. Also once you board the ship, no need to carry passports, just put them in your safe, but be sure to bring your sign and sail card, that will get you back on the ship after any excersions.

We were on Ocean Princess last year and had a wonderful time, beautiful ship, great good and service and the entertainment was also good, have fun.

Donnassei
Old March 25th, 2001, 01:24 PM
Timmy

Default Re: Scuba/Snorkeling Question

Mike, what i do is bring a nylon wallet, and put cash my wife and I drivers lic, and cruise card in the nylon wallet, every thing in the wallet can get wet, and i leave my other wallet in the safe on the cruise ship.