Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2001, 06:25 PM
Cindy Hardy

Default 1st timer questions

I am taking a cruise for the 1st time 9/4/01 to Istanbul thru to Barcelona on the Millennium. I read the First Timers section and still have a few stupid questions.

1. Where do you store your luggage after you unpack? The rooms are so small and with 3 people on a 12 night cruise there is going to be lots of luggage.

2. Do the closets have hangers or do you bring your own?

3. On Celebrity...are you charged for non-alcoholic drinks or just the alcoholic kind? I was reading some message boards and reviews that said to bring your own sodas that the cruiseship would charge you for cokes. I need to plan a budget for spending that is not covered in the cruise package.

Thanks so much for your time and advice. I have really enjoyed reading all of the messages on this board.
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2001, 07:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: 1st timer questions

Hi Cindy,
We've always been able to shove the luggage under the beds, no problem and yes, the closets come with hangers, so you don't need to lug those with you.
As for the non-alcohol drinks, like cokes, yes they do charge for those as well as any alcohol drinks. You can usually find coffee, tea, juice that is comp. It does help to bring some soft drinks on board with you, if you have the space and can pick it up close to the pier. You sure picked a nice ship for a first cruise, enjoy it and take plenty of film for all those great pics. ITs also nice hearing that you enjoy the boards here, looking forward to how you liked your cruise :-)

Donnassei
Old April 3rd, 2001, 12:46 PM
First Mate

It wouldn't hurt to bring along a few wire hangers. I found that the cabins don't have enough hangers. Have fun!
Old June 6th, 2001, 01:53 PM
Donnamay

If you are taking a suit bag, you will already have your hanging things on hangers, then you can use theirs for the stuff you folded into your luggage.