Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2001, 03:29 PM
Passenger

Default Alaska with kid

I am a single mother in her 40s and I am planing to take my 11 year old daughter on her first cruise. I have done some research and read most of the reviews from prior cruisers. Unfortunately, there are not many inputs from folks who had cruise with Princess to Alaska on the review board. Seem like most folks went to the Carribean.

I would appreciate some input from you if you have cruised with Princess (Ocean/Sea/Sun) to Alaska. Do you think it is a good choice for a single parent with a quiet pre-teen? She also get sea sick fairly easily, is it a stable route (inner passage in Aug or Sept)? If you have curised both Alaska and the Carribean, which would you recomment?

Please reply to my e-mail. Look forward to your input. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2001, 06:58 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Alaska with kid

I have cruised to Alaska on the inside passage route. Mostly it is quite a smooth trip, however remember you will be in northern pacific waters some of the time and that can get a bit bumpy....As for children on our cruise, we sailed Regal Princess and there were very few children on board. You will generally find an older crowd doing the Alaska cruises. Not always, but generally. We have sailed on Sea Princess to the Western Caribbean and there were tons of children on the ship even during the early November sailing. All of this is IMHO.....
Old June 13th, 2001, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Alaska with kid

We sailed RCI to Alaska and the mix of age groups including many families was great. Princess has a large market share of the Alaska cruising season and does a very good job. August is preferred to September. The Sea Princess is a lovely ship but does not have an indoor pool which is nice in the Alaska waters to have. This is a great mother/daughter adventure. Any RCI ship in Alaska would be a great venue, too.
Bon Voyage