Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2001, 07:48 PM
4evryng

Default Attire in "public" rooms on Satendam

My family and I will be taking a cruise to Alaska with HAL on the Statendam in July. The information I recieved from them stated that other than the formal/informal dinner nights, dress on board ship was "comfortable" as in jeans, T-shirts, athletic wear, etc. Right after that, the brochure states that jeans, T-shirts, etc. are not alllowed in "public" areas. Well.....does that mean that yes we can dress casually, but, we will have to stay on deck, in hallways, or our cabins?. Isn't the whole ship except for the cabins, "public"? How many times a day will we have to change clothes? I have two young adult daughters and would like to keep my husband sane by not taking too much luggage!

Thanks for any insights, 4evryng
Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2001, 12:34 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Attire in

I've cruised through a bunch of HAL stuff and can't find what you said. That probably means that I need a better filing system.

At dinner time, there are three set of dress codes. "Comfortable" is during the day.

Even on "casual" nights a shirt with a collar (a la polo shirts) are the deal for gentlemen, even those in their teens. No jeans, even on teens.

Does this help at all?

pamda -- CruiseMates Utility Infielder and Sometimes Fashion Police