Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2001, 02:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Need Bon Voyage gift ideas.

My husband and I are taking our 2 girls ages 4 &13 on their first cruise on the Inspiration (carnival) this sept. Actually it's a first for all of us. Antway, I want to put together a Bon Voyage gift basket for each girl to give to them before we leave for the cruise and need some ideas of what to put in the baskets. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2001, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Need Bon Voyage gift ideas.

Hi Darlene,
I'd suggest a few "kid" stuff, paper, markers, a good reading book, of course some candy/gum, disposable camera. Just a few ideas, hope you and your girls have a great time. Here is a link to some great tips for "first time" cruisers, have fun:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/first-time/index.cfm>

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old July 17th, 2001, 10:00 AM
Admiral

First, I would have the "basket" be a tote bag or new back pack, which they can use to carry their "stuff" to the pool, beach, on the plane, etc. Include a visor, new sunglasses, a book, disposable cameras (waterproof for the 13 yr. old), favorite snacks, like gold fish, pretzels, mini-cookies, etc., hand held travel games/Tape or CD for the teen especially. Colorful Post-it notes, highlighters and colored felt tip pens to encourage their artistic talents and a new sports type water bottle. This sounds like a great treat to start their cruise experience off right.
Bon Voyage.
Old July 19th, 2001, 07:36 PM
Admiral

Darlene ...

Going back a gazillion years when my parents were fortunte to travel without the little dragons (my brother and me) there was a little present for us each day while we were at home with Grandma Dragon. Little books, games, etc.

I think the same idea works on-board.

Something new each day.

pamda