Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2001, 10:41 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to Dave Pearce Send a message via Yahoo to Dave Pearce
Default Which Cabin/Suite?

I am going on my first cruise (longer than one day) with my girlfriend and 2 friends (1 guy, 1 girl). We are booked on the Voyager of the Seas for next May. Right now we have a D6 outside stateroom but was thinking of upgrading to a "C" class suite. I know space is tight but is it worth the extra $$?
Sponsored Links
Old July 20th, 2001, 01:17 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Which Cabin/Suite?

Hi, Dave ...

If it were me, I'd spend the extra $$ on TWO lesser cabins. I like to sit around in my underwear or less and I don't think it would be all that much fun with another couple in the cabin.

Four people trying to use one small bathroom could be an experiment in terror.

Look closely at the cabin layout ... in some cabins you have to crawl over others from the sofa bed to the head if nature should call in the middle of the night.

pamda -- CM First Time Cruisers Editor
Old July 22nd, 2001, 07:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Which Cabin/Suite?

Hi Dave,
We had a D7 cabin on Explorer and while it was just fine for the 2 of us, the only problem I can see is all 4 of you sharing one small bathroom. There is plenty of space to unpack and the luggage does fit under the bed easily, if you can arrange some kind of schedule for the bathroom, you should be fine. These cabins were actually one of the nicest cabins we've had yet on a cruise. You all will really have a blast on Explorer.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host