Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2001, 07:12 PM
Steve and Teresa

Default Best Cruise for Couple in 20's?

Hi! We are a young couple considering taking our first cruise, and we would like ideas as to what most people would suggest be the best cruise ship to take for a mid 20's couple that wants to enjoy a fun nightlife filled with dancing and partying until the early morning hours. After doing some research, we know that most ships offer nightlife, but we are sure that some ships are more geared to 20 something partiers than others. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2001, 07:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Best Cruise for Couple in 20's?

Hi Steve & Teresa,
I think I'd try one of the Carnival ships or even RCCL, may-be a bit younger crowd on Carnival. Do you have any idea exactly where you want to cruise? If you like a lot of activities on board, you may consider RCCL's Voyager or Explorer, both great ships with tons of things to keep you busy.

Once you narrow your search down you can post in the "bargain finder" here at Cruisemates to find some good prices. Travel agents will then e-mail you back with what they have on certain cruises that you posted on, very easy and fast:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/findcruise/index.cfm>

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Have fun with the decision, its amost half the fun.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old July 31st, 2001, 10:19 PM
Steve and Teresa

Thanks for the info Donna! Right now we think we are going to do a 3 or 4 day Bahamas cruise because our schedules won't allow us to take anything longer than 4 days at the most right now. Both of our schedules are pretty tight, so a Thur-Sun trip would be just perfect for us. We just want to get our feet wet so to speak, and see how we like it. We notice that both the Fantasy and Fascination offer these shorter duration trips. Any idea as to which would be a better fit for us? It is hard to weed through all the information because every ship says it caters to all people, but we assume that over time, trends start to emerge based on nightlife offerings, age range of vacationers, catering more to couples/singles instead of families, etc. Any additional info would be great. Thanks again!!!! Teresa and Steve
Old August 1st, 2001, 02:06 AM
Admiral

Hi, T & S ...

Too bad you don't have a little more time. A Windjammer would be great. Even at my advanced age I love the idea.

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor and lover of sails against the wind.
Old August 1st, 2001, 10:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hey Steve & Teresa,
Actually going on a 4 day cruise will definately wet your appetite for more. I think either ship will be fine, seems to me I hear a bit more positive comments about Fascination. Hope you can find more time in the future to do at least a 7 day, you will find the time just flies by while cruising, have fun!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old August 1st, 2001, 10:15 AM
Nick Kozloff

Hi Steve and Teresa,

I'm in my mid 20's too, and I went on the Carnival Triumph last year with my signifiacnt other and we had the most wonderful time. I really reccomend this ship to anyone of any age , and our Cruise director made it even that much better. If you cruise Carnival make sure you get John Heald as your CD. He was absolutely brilliant. Were going on the Imagination Sept 3rd, for a Western Caribbean get away, and we can't hardly wait. Happy sailings.