Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2001, 08:03 AM
Linda Butler

Default Birth Certificate

I have a question on the brith certificate needed.

The birth certificate my husband has is a "Delayed Certificate of Birth" from the Vital Statistics - State Board of Health - South Carolina - It does have a seal of the right side and signed by the Registrar - this has been the only birth certificate he has ever had, apparently there was a fire when he was a child and this is what his parents received from the state of South Carolina to replace it.

I just want to make sure this is ok, it has been accepted from things like going into the Military. It states at the seal that this is a true copy of the orginal certificate filed in the records of South carolina and that the seal renders it valid. He also has a card from the state of South Carolina.

I just want to make sure we wont have any problems gettingthe ship, we sail on the Nordic Empress Sept 2, 2001. Will this be ok? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2001, 03:23 PM
chetter

Default Re: Birth Certificate

I really don't think it will be a problem but if you are unsure go to your county office and ask them if it is legit or you could get a PASSPORT ,that is its weight in gold a passport will gget you anywhere with no questions ask , that's what I did . good luck and happy sailing

ck
Old August 20th, 2001, 07:58 AM
Dave B.

We always carry a photo copy of our papers when we are ashore. We leave the originals onboard & never had a problem. My birth certificayte is in bad shape because of the type of paper used back then. (1946)
Old August 20th, 2001, 08:01 AM
Yeoman

Is it best to carry your birth certificate while you are in port?
Old August 29th, 2001, 10:01 AM
Admiral

It sounds OK to me.

DO NOT carry any vital documents ashore. Make photocopies and carry those with you. The only place you're going is back to the ship.

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor

BON VOYAGE !!!
Old August 30th, 2001, 06:08 AM
WillB

Consider obtaining a passport. It's only about $50, is good for 10 years and removes all question as to whether you have the proper proof of citizenship. I think you will be glad you did. It takes about a month to get one, so you might start right away if your cruise is coming up.