Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2001, 08:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default back to back cruises?

Hi,
I'm trying to plan a cruise to the Medditerranean next June (I know its early, but I have to arrange Gramma babysitting for my kids). We were hoping for a long cruise (10 - 15 days), with a lot of ports. I have noticed that a ship will plan a seven day cruise, then another seven day cruise to a different area, back to back with no ports repeated. For example, the Norwegien Sun will sail Rome to Istanbul on 6/16, then Istanbul on a circular route to Egypt. Do they allow you to purchase both cruises? I mean I know that they allow it, but if you want to do this, do you have to get off the boat and reboard and re check in or can you just stay on board as if its a longer cruise? Do lots of people do this?-- it seems logical. Do the cruise lines give discounts if you buy both? I am interested in either these Sky cruises, or two offered by Grandeur of the Seas, both circular from Rome, but in different directions. I hope that this isn't a stupid question and I hope I made sense. Thanks!

Laura
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2001, 10:44 AM
Captain

Default Re: back to back cruises?

I have done back to back on Princess. You do not have to leave the ship with them and I assume other lines. We checked in for the first 7 days as normal and than just checked in for the next seven days at the pursers desk when it was slow. They already had all the information so it was very quick. Our new cards for the room and drinks was in our room the night before the end of the first seven day trip.
Old August 27th, 2001, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Laura,
Another plus for doing back/back is look at the airfare you will save?? Actually, its not too early for planning a trip like that, I'd start calling your travel agent and see what they can do for you, sounds like a cruise of a lifetime, hope you make it happen, have fun.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old August 29th, 2001, 09:30 AM
Admiral

It seems a shame to fly that far and not spend extra time. On a recent cruise, there were two Canadian couples who jumped off one ship and onto another. The Canadian dollar is so weak against the US dollar that it was the financially smart thing to do.

Back-to-back on the SAME ship is even better. No packing/unpacking.

pamda - CM First-Time Cruisers Editor
Old August 30th, 2001, 04:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the advice. Yes, it does seem a shame to go that far and not do everything! I never even considred changing ships!