Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2001, 04:12 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to Dave Pearce Send a message via Yahoo to Dave Pearce
Default What to do before the cruise?

My girlfriend and I plus 2 friends are booked on the Voyager of the Sea's next may and we are trying to decide what to do on the weekend before the cruise. The four of us are in our mid to late 20's and not sure what is better. I was thinking of Ariving in Orlando on the Thursday and spend 3 days in Disney and rent a car and drive to Miami on the Sunday but its is expensive. I was told Miami is OK but nothing special plus not that safe. We were originally planning on leaving our home town on the Friday and spending 2 days somewhere but leaving Thursday is possible for the right reason.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2001, 12:24 PM
bell

Default Re: What to do before the cruise?

I lived many years in Miami and moved to Orlando 5 years ago. The same dangers you find in Miami are in Orlando, it just depends on where you go. You need to stay out of the bad areas. Take note, it take over 4 hours to drive from Orlando to Miami (don't miss the boat) account for accidents which can close the roads for hours etc...... in other words, you should go the day before to Miami. Regarding Miami, there are many fine places to go. There is South beach where you can have drinks outside facing the beach and there is Bayside where you can shop ,the prices are somewhat high, but you can find many one of kind items. There is also the Miami dade zoo which is huge and in my opinion better then Disney Zoo which charges Approx $40 more per person. Stay away from most of the North area they are not good. The beach is normally fine in most areas. Hotels be careful use hotels known for a good reputation, if you stay at nonbrand type or franchise hotels you may get what you pay for. Most good hotels in the area will run you about $75+ a night. These are just my opinion I am neither an agent or cruise critic. Just another resident which manages to take 1-2 cruises a year out of Miami, Ft Lauderdale and Port Canaveral.

Have fun and stay safe.
Old October 9th, 2001, 08:52 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via MSN to Dave Pearce Send a message via Yahoo to Dave Pearce
Default Re: What to do before the cruise?

Thanks for the Info.