Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2001, 08:59 AM
First Mate

Default Laundry at sea

How many pieces of luggage am I allowed to bring on board Infinity? Is there a number or a weight limit? I just learned the Infinity does not have washer and dryers and I don't think I can afford their prices for having them do the laundry if it's as high as I've heard?
Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2001, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Laundry at sea

Hi Anne,
There is no limit in the number of suitcases you bring on board or the weight, although the airlines is where you find the problem with limits. Most of the luggage will slide under the beds once on board, but if you have a problem with that, just ask the room stewart to store them for you.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old September 1st, 2001, 10:30 AM
Admiral

Hi, Anne ...

Donna is right. It's the airlines that have limits. The laundry prices on board for such things as men's dress shirts and khakis aren't bad -- comparable to shoreside.

A pair of socks on the other hand? You can practically BUY a pair of socks for the cost of laundering.

I use cruises as an opportunity to update undies. Socks and underwear travel well and can fill up the corners of your suitcases. You can also stick such things into shoes.

One way to save on laundry if you are traveling with a person of the male sort is to double-duty knit shirts. Wear one in the evening then again the next day. Also, there's no requirement for socks with boat shoes on casual nights. Another laundry savings.

Maybe I over-pack (MAYBE?) but I have never felt a need to do any laundry on a ship, even on a 15 day cruise. I just took a lot of underwear.

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor
Old September 7th, 2001, 12:00 AM
Texas

Panda's right. Take plenty of underwear. Sea days don't require much clothing. You're by the pool most of the day in a bathing suit and wrap. Enjoy and don't worry, no one will notice if you wear something twice.