Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2001, 12:01 PM
First Mate

Default Cabin selection

Another question!!! My cousin & I are on the Grand Princess Western Caribbean trip sailing Oct 28th. We were originally with 2 other women who have since cancelled but are in room 117 on the Dolphin deck. this is a quad but we are wondering if we can change to a better room pref with just 2 beds. Can anyone suggest if we should contact Orbitz Travel (who we booked this thru) or just wait and maybe luck out on an upgrade after we board? Also I'm confused on the different color coding done by Princess for the inside cabins. If I can select a room, I'd like to by the best they have to offer for our price category.
Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2001, 03:45 PM
lougee

Default Re: Cabin selection

different color codings in the brochure represent the "same" cabin on different decks- the higher you go the more costly the cabin is.
room selection- if you book an inside or outside guarantee you pay the price quoted and the cruise line picks the cabin for you and you may be upgraded to a better cabin at the same price. but you are at the mercy of the cruise line as to the actual location of the cabin.
you can pay a few bucks more and get a guaranteed cabin -- you can pick the location from the brochure map and the ta will contact the cruise line and book that specific cabin for you. there are no upgrades involved when you book this was.
a lower deck cabin midships could possibly be better then a higher deck cabin that is well forward or well aft. all cabins are generally the same size on any deck
unless you upgrade to a mini suite or larger
Old October 8th, 2001, 11:11 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Cabin selection

ty for ur response. We are keeping the cabin for now and hoping for an upgrade after we board the ship. Should have stuck w/my original plan 2 months ago - we had an inside room on the lido deck - i kind of knew these two other "sailors" would back out lol. Anyway wish me luck!