Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2001, 04:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Sea Princess in Dec...any advice?

Hi. I found this site and thought I'd post a message asking for advice regarding the cruise. We're going to Mexico, but it's for Dec. 15. Would that be enough time to get a passport (it's 10/5 now)? I heard they keep the birth certificate and if they do and i don't get it back in time, basically, im screwed. my best friend has 2 BC's, not sure why, but he does.

What food is recommended on board? How much is soda? What activities do you recommend? We're in a BB cabin with a balcony. is that any good?

Basically, any advice would be great. This is both of our first cruise and love any advice.

thanks,
charlene
Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2001, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Sea Princess in Dec...any advice?

Hi Charlene,
TO CRUISEMATES
I would say you have enough time to get passports. We had ours back within 2 weeks, but that was before all the hightened security. Yes, its true they do need the birth cirtificates to process the passport. You will also need to have pictures taken, they require 2 and most photo places will do passport photos while you wait. Here is a link about getting passports:

<http://travel.state.gov/passport_easy.html>

Also a lot of great tips in here for a first time cruiser:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/first-time/index.cfm>

Feel free to post again for any more questions you may have. I'm sure you will love cruising so much you will want to go again, almost as soon as you get back, have fun!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old October 6th, 2001, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Hi, Charlene ...

I think you have plenty of time to get passports, no problem. You can also pay extra to have them expedited.

As a last resort, you can (at least this worked for someone about ten years ago) made do with a voter's registration card, drivers license and notarized affidavit that you are a U.S. Citizen.

You will really enjoy your balcony.

Let us know if we can help further.

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor
Old October 6th, 2001, 02:24 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jennifer

Charlene,
I would definitely send off for a passport RIGHT NOW, and I would also contact the state where you were born and order another certified copy of your birth certificate right away. You can always have it for a backup, and you would have it if your passport didn't come in time.

jennifer, who always believes in being prepared