Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > First-Time Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

First-Time Cruisers Novices ask here & No question is too silly!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2001, 12:15 AM
Cecilia

Default Formal nights and Laundry

We are going to be on Rotterdam 5 November for 12 nights (Mediterrenean). How many formal/informal/cacual/theme/nigths will we have onboard? Does it matter if, for more than one nights, I wear the same dress/gown and my fiance wear the same suit and shirt?

I heard that HAL ships have self-service laundry. How is it operated and how much will it cost? Is that a place full of coin-operating washing machines and dryers? Should we bring our own detergent and prepare enough changes (coins)?

As everybody on the message board seem enjoying cruise very much and are so friendly and helpful to new members! I really want to become one of you and looking forward to meeting you guys onboard. We are now overwhelmed by the idea of curising! Help!! We even spend more time on preparing this honeymoon trip than our wedding!!!
Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2001, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Formal nights and Laundry

Hi Cecilia,
Congrats on the upcoming wedding and honeymoon. Here is a link to some great info for a "first cruiers", should also help answer some of your questions. Not sure about the laundry on board your ship, but if there is one, there will be coin operated machines for detergent, and yes good idea to have the change for the washer/dryer.

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/first-time/index.cfm>

Have a wonderful wedding and cruise, be sure to post back when you return :-)

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old October 9th, 2001, 02:08 PM
Admiral

Hi, Cecilia (again)

Rottie does have a self-service laundry, I think on almost every deck.

Nobody ever notices what men wear

I am very big on the LBD (Little Black Dress) that can be worn a gazillion times with a different jacket, scarf, or jewelry.

Please don't worry that anyone will say, "OOOOOoooo, she wore the same thing two nights ago." If that's all that's important to that person, you don't want to know that person.

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor
Old October 9th, 2001, 06:13 PM
Linda T.

Hi,
Pamda is right, Nobody cares if you wear the same dress twice. I always pack so I can mix and match my outfits. It saves on luggage space, cabin storage and since your on a ship unless you spill something on you it's hard to get dirty anyway. Contratulations on your wedding, don't worry about your honeymoon, you've picked a great one, Your going to have a great time. Right a review when you get back and let us know how much you enjoyed it.
Old October 12th, 2001, 07:36 PM
Passenger

We're taking our first cruise, too! 1 week land tour in Australia, then 2 weeks on the Regal Princess. From what I've read on posts, your husband will be just fine in his dark suit on formal nights. I did go shopping for one nice dress, then last night my husband walked in with the one I didn't get (to save money). 26 years and I love him more than the day I married him! My girlfriends are telling me to definitely get a "little black dress" and maybe change it with a shawl, silk shirt over it, you could even get one of those beaded tops and wear over it and it would look like a skirt and top. Congratulations on your wedding and honeymoon. Enjoy yourselves. Your husband will love how you look anyway, and that's really what matters.